Friday, April 3, 2015

That One Time I Felt Bad for Neglecting my Blog (again)

It's not a one time.  It's often.  And then I'll be going about my life and read someone else's posts, or hear someone talk about their blog and I think 'Shoot.  I've got one of those, too.'

My last post was in November, when I was close to wrapping up my busiest semester at school.  That's behind me now, and I survived it by the skin of my teeth.  I knew going in that it would be my busiest/most difficult semester, and that's exactly what it turned out to be.  Now, I've got two weeks until I'm back in Rexburg for my last semester-- my final semester.  I can't believe it!  It seems like I've been in school for so long, but then I think back to my first semester at BYUI, and it seems like that could not have possibly been three years ago.  This semester will be keeping me busy, but hopefully not as much as the last one.  This time I've got my last two classes, an internship, and my part-time job.  Nothing I can't handle!(excuse me while I knock furiously on some wood)

My mom has reminded me to "not count my chickens before they hatch", but it's SO hard not to!  However, there is the part of me which is fully aware of the bad juju which I carry, that keeps looking up for the other shoe to drop.  I didn't register for my classes correctly?  My office doesn't really have that position open?  My internship doesn't really count for my major?  It feels like there must be something that will keep this from all falling into place.  Though, admittedly, these things didn't really fall there.  It took a lot of patience and active perseverance on my part.  Pushing and nagging and contacting more people... so maybe my struggles with getting things to work out for this semester are behind me?  Wouldn't that be nice??

After I graduate, I will be starting the next step... the real move into scary adulthood.  My plan is to move to Provo and spread my wings there.  I'll come home for a little, get a shot of this California summer, and then head out.  That's the plan, at least.  I'll need a place to live (which I don't think will be too hard), and a way to support myself (which is probably going to be a little harder).  But if it's where I'm meant to be, and I do everything I can to make it work... it will!

This little break home has been full of sunshine, babysitting, Mexican food, and life lessons.  I'm someone who believes that there's a reason for most everything, and when I got the distinct impression that deferring and coming home for the winter was the right move, I wondered what my unknown reason could possibly be.  In the 14 weeks and 3 days that I've been home, there have been several things which could be that big, divinely guided reason.  None of them came in the tall, dark, and handsome package I was hoping they might, but they weren't all bad.  Ways for me to help others, to be there for someone, to learn a little more about life and how it's not full of the sunshine and rainbows we wish for and strive towards... but all of these things, the good and the bad, will be experiences which will help me in my future.  Even if it's a hard pill to swallow, there is a reason for most everything.

I'm really looking forward to this next year.  It will sure be a big one for me!  And fingers crossed that this time, when I say I will keep my blog updated through all of that, I'll actually do it!

4 comments:

  1. This was an amazing blog I loved it to here your story it kinda made me think and cry a little have had a tough week but always have a smile on my face... I'm grateful for you and your mom and just your Family you guys are amazing and are always there for people especially you and your mom.. Love ya and will miss you... πŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desi, I'm so sorry that you have been having a hard week!! You know that you can always talk to my mom and/or me :) We're here for you!

      Delete
  2. I loved reading this Aubs! Your soul is so full of sunshine!

    ReplyDelete